Family Blog‎ > ‎

One more week...

posted Sep 26, 2013, 1:32 PM by Theresa S
At today's appointment, my midwife came to the decision that we should not go past our due date. The combination of the two vessel cord and my high amniotic fluid levels have her worried about how my placenta will do if we go past the due date, so the plan is to strip my membranes on Wednesday and see if that will start labor. If not, I have an induction scheduled for October 4th. On one hand, it is nice to know I won't be waiting forever, and that there is an end in sight. On the other hand, I am nervous about what labor will be like if I am induced. I'm worried about the pain and whether I will be able to deal with it without an epidural and whether my mobility will be limited with an IV. I am really hoping the induction will be unnecessary and that things will begin on their own soon. I'm anxious to meet our girl and see what she is like. The ultrasound tech said that she has hair, so I'm interested to see what that looks like. :-)